What It’s Like Discussing “Scandal” On Friday Mornings With Your Co-Workers
1. You can’t believe what you watched last night.
Partially because, as you’ll find out later on, some of it was very misleading.
2. So, you rush to get to work on time because you’ve already waited 12 hours to discuss.
And you’re desperately waiting for others to arrive so you can debrief.
3. When a co-worker tries to talk to you about something non-Scandal, you just can’t deal.
4. Finally, everyone is here. Let’s talk about this crazy shit.
Gather in the conference room (or your boss’ office). This is a very important meeting.
5. At first, you’re all just really confused.
But seriously, WTF is going on? Can anyone please explain all these plot lines?
7. So you start with the (somewhat) basic questions: Who’s good? Who’s bad?
10. All those things you thought were true last week? NOPE!
And OMG, you forgot about that storyline. And that one! We need a pen and paper.
11. As you start talking, you relive the emotions all over again.
17. Sometimes, you’re all on the same page; but other times, you have intense opinions about what Shonda Rhimes is doing.
18. You really understand why Olivia drinks so much.
And could use a glass yourself, despite it being 10 a.m.
20. You start to guess what will come next week.
Clearly, Shonda is capable of anything. CLEARLY.
21. And by the end, you feel like you’ve overcome so much that you could sign up for B613.
Well, maybe not. But you definitely call them your co-gladiators instead of co-workers.
24. Until next week.
It’s exhausting, but also amazing. Totally worth it.