Top 10 Things I Miss About Elton John’s Aida
In honor of the Ten Year Anniversary for the Elton John Broadway musical Aida, here are top 10 things I miss about the show being on Broadway.
1. Adam Pascal’s Awkward Chest Hair
In 1990’s Broadway, it was a major selling point for marketing.
2. Heather Headley Belting the Entire Score
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BA3sE277SvU.
Listen to these songs in this order: Dance of the Robes, Easy as Life, The Gods Love Nubia.
3. Sherie Rene Scott playing Sherie Rene Scott
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fT6JfdqiAuA.
I may or may not have memorized this choreography and practiced it in my room. #ItsAllAboutArms
4. Making My Own Wallpaper/Screensavers from Production Photos (Thanks Joan Marcus!)
Aida was on Broadway during the height of Wallpaper/Screensaver craze.
5. Thinking Loving Sherie Rene Scott made me Straight
During my Middle School experience- I thought I was in love with Sherie Rene Scott. But I kept looking at Adam Pascal shirtless. HAHAHAHA. #truth #Ihadnofriends #stilltruththo
6. Rolling Admissions for Black Actress/Star Casting
Michelle Williams, Deborah Cox, Toni Braxton. #WhereWasPattiLaBelle #TeamDiahannCarroll #DifferentWorldReunionDreams
7. The Spice Girls cover of “My Strongest Suit”
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2bdDkCV00.
OMG! WHEN I DISCOVERED THE CONCEPT ALBUM FEATURING GAJILLIONS OF POP ARTISTS COVERING THE SONGS LIKE TINA TURNER, SHANIA TWAIN, BOYZ II MEN, AND JANET JACKSON!!
8. That Corny 1990’s #LOLZ Humor
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VCgZ6HVjiFQ.
Lines like “I’ll say this for you Egyptians. Your thread count is amazing.” used to crack me up. #LINDAWOOLVERTON
9. The Star Wars Lightsaber Pyramid at the top of Act 2
Get it? Love Triangle? They’re in a Love Triangle that’s shaped also like a Pyramid. #BobCrowley #SetDesign #OntheNose #PrincessLeia
10. ODDEST SONG CHOICE TO PERFORM ON “THE VIEW” AWARD GOES TO…
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bO1U8T0i3pk.
Not that I’m complaining because “A Step Too Far” is my absolute favorite song, but if you want to show off this show- you stick Heather Headley in front of a mic and say “BELT!”
Previous Post: So Funny! Bird LOVES To Argue With Grandma!
Next Post: The 23 Most Disrespectful Things That Have Ever Happened