The Pros And Cons Of Growing Up With A Popular Sibling
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!
1. Pro: Everyone in high school knew who you were
2. Con: But only because you were someone’s little brother or sister
3. Pro: You got to go to cool parties you wouldn’t have normally been invited to
4. Con: You were not there to have fun.
5. Pro: You not only knew the captain of the football/baseball/track team, you were related to them!
6. Con: Their athletic prowess only highlighted your lackthereof
7. Pro: You knew a lot more people through your sibling and, thus, had more friends
8. Con: Some of those “friends” ended up only hanging out with you to get closer to them
9. Pro: All of your teachers recognized your last name and already felt like they knew you
10. Con: You were unable to replicate the charm and wit necessary to maintain their rapport
11. Pro: Karmically, you deserve to one day eclipse them with your beauty and charisma
12. Con: That, like, doesn’t always happen
13. Pro: You’re the only one who still has photographic evidence of their awkward years
14. Con: Compared to them, you’re still in your awkward years
15. Pro: Said sibling has cute, equally popular friends who would come over to your house sometimes (!!!)
16. Con: It’s not like you ever got to hang out with them.
17. Pro: They give out great advice because they’ve been there, done that
Lionsgate / Via freedomdefender.tumblr.com
18. Con: They don’t know how if feels to not have a date to Homecoming so you’re kind of on your own in that department
New Line Cinema / Via bustle.com
19. Pro: There are tons of perks to having a direct line to someone who knows everyone.
20. Con: Perks don’t come free.
21. Pro: They were so cool, they had a fake I.D. before anyone else
22. Con: They felt comfortable charging you $20 for a bottle of Burnetts
23. Pro: Covering for them got you major brownie points
Paramount Pictures / Via kmpunksays.wordpress.com
24. Con: Lying to your parents was the most exciting thing to happen to you all week
FOX / Via spoilertv.com
25. Pro: When they think someone is messing with you, they’ll go into scary protective mode
26. Con: It’s easy to abuse that and accidentally get some high school kid put in the sleeper hold at a Fourth of July party
Bravo TV / Via crushable.com
27. Pro: Their popularity transferred into college and everytime you visited their campus you would be treated like actual royalty
28. Con: When you got back to your own school you were reminded that you were not actual royalty
29. Pro: Whenever you hang out with them you end up with fun, hilarious stories
30. Con: That only makes you realize how pathetic and boring you are in your own life
31. Pro: Whenver you tag them in one of your Facebook photos it gets like, 100 likes in six minutes
32. Con: You watch them post the most inane statuses that get like, 100 likes in six minutes
33. Pro: Everybody loves them!
34. Con: That doesn’t mean they can’t be a real pain in the ass sometimes
35. Pro: But despite everything, you wouldn’t want anyone else as your sibling.
HBO / Via tumblr.com
36. Double Pro! Neither would they..