That Other Host From The First Season Of “American Idol” Is Still Doing Stuff
The “not Ryan Seacrest” guy.
1. Why does this dude with crazy eyes and a microphone look totally familiar?!?
Michael Schwartz / WireImage
2. OMG! IT’S BECAUSE THAT’S BRIAN DÜNKQELMÅN!!!!1!!1! THE SORT OF HOST FROM AMERICAN IDOL!
FOX / Via wifflegif.com
3. No really! Brian Dunkleman co-hosted the first season of the singing competition with Ryan Seacrest’s frosted tips.
4. But you probably forgot about the Slam Dunkleman because shortly after crowning Kelly Clarkson’s highlights as the first ever “American Idol,” he quit.
He reportedly left the show because he didn’t like seeing “kids being brought to tears.”
5. But don’t worry, HE’S STILL RELEVANT AND TOTALLY DOING STUFF!
6. After Idol, Dunkleman showed his range as an actor when he played a shaggy-haired man suspected of killing his boss on NYPD Blue in 2004.
And he was totally robbed of an Emmy for his performance.
7. In the same year, he reprised his reoccurring role as the animated character “April Fool” on Nickelodeon’s The Fairly OddParents.
Which he was robbed of a Daytime Emmy for.
8. In 2008, he went on to lose 15 pounds on Celebrity Fit Club and engaged in reality show drama.
VH1 / Via vh1.com
With other famous celebs like Dustin Diamond.
9. And although it never got the green light, Dunkleman proved his creative abilities in 2009 when he pitched a TV series about his life after American Idol titled American Dunkleman.
americandunkleman.com / Via FROZEN PICTURES
You can still watch the hilariously depressing trailer here.
10. With not much left to prove, Dunkleman is staying busy these days as the occasional host of Family Feud Live in Atlantic City.
(We think the blurry man in the suit is Dunkleman.)
11. Dunkleman also has an adorable son and the perfect amount of hair around his nipple:
I guess it's our slice of pizza now
13. And he’s totally on cuddling basis with music video legend Eric Roberts!
Previous Post: 27 Things People Do On The Internet
Next Post: 13 Weirdest Things Andrew W.K. Did In The Name Of Partying