Sorry Everyone, But Sydney’s Skyline Actually Sucks
No, really. It sucks.
1. Thrillist has recently ranked the 20 best skylines from cities around the world… and Sydney has been named number one.
Flickr: nickwu78 / Via Creative Commons
2. Seriously… someone decided that this sparse skyline is better than New York City, Dubai, Shanghai and Chicago.
Flickr: jiaren / Via Creative Commons
4. Sure, it looks super beautiful when you look at it from the water, in silhouette, preferably with a picturesque sunset behind it.
Flickr: wordridden / Via Creative Commons
5. But when you get up close, Sydney is just a (not so) hot mess of ugly buildings.
Flickr: u07ch / Via Creative Commons
6. And it looks like everyone just plonked down their building with no discussion and no desire to make anything look alike.
Flickr: goosmurf / Via Creative Commons
7. Seriously, WE DON’T EVEN HAVE TALL BUILDINGS!
Flickr: treslola / Via Creative Commons
There is an actual LAW preventing buildings over 235 metres.
8. Some buildings are old, some are new, but literally NONE OF THEM MATCH.
Flickr: wikiwill / Via Creative Commons
No cohesion whatsoever. Ugh.
9. Melbourne has a much nicer skyline to be quite honest.
Flickr: bobarc / Via Creative Commons
10. Even PERTH, with its population of 17, has a way better skyline than Sydney.
Flickr: robertpaulyoung / Via Creative Commons
11. Even the freaking GOLD COAST HAS A BETTER SKYLINE THAN SYDNEY.
Flickr: fran001 / Via Creative Commons