Community Post: 22 Reasons Why Everyone Loves The Sunflower State
1. Our state song is a well-recognized cowboy jam.
2. Our motto is pretty righteous.
Ad astra per aspera basically means that Kansans are bad asses.
4. Pizza Hut was invented there.
7. The world’s largest ball of twine calls Kansas home.
So next time you’re in Cawker City…
8. As do Paul Rudd, Jason Sudeikis and Rob Riggle.
This pretty much proves that everyone from Kansas is hilarious.
9. And let’s not forget Kirstie Alley.
10. Where else can you ride the world’s tallest (and most definitely scariest) water slide?
Taller than Niagara Falls.
11. Our soccer team is pretty amazing.
12. There can only be one tallest cement prairie dog in the world.
Eat your heart out, South Dakota.
13. “I have a feeling we’re not in Colorado anymore,” just doesn’t sound right.
15. Kansas is a breeding ground for non-regional dialects.
16. You like helium? It was discovered at the University of Kansas in 1905.
19. Between our corn, wheat and beef we’re practically feeding America.
20. Native Kansan Amelia Earhart was the original babe.
21. Did I mention we have the world’s largest hand dug well?
Some sizable bragging rights.