Community Post: 18 Things That Inevitably Happen When You First Move To London
1. Waiting to go through customs and worrying that they won’t let you into the country.
VH1 / Via i923.photobucket.com
2. Struggling to navigate the tube accompanied by your heavy-ass suitcases.
20th Century Fox Television / Via pinterest.com
3. Being asked for your UK phone number.
Elizabeth Meriwether Pictures / Via blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu
There’s just so many numbers!
4. The shocking realization of how cheap phone plans are in the UK.
Walt Disney Pictures / BrownHouse Productions / Via media.giphy.com
5. Seeing cheeky street signs that would never make the cut back home.
Disney / Via ticticticticticboom.tumblr.com
6. Commencing a relationship with the tube, and â€œit’s complicated.â€
Lionsgate Television / Tilted Productions / Via wordpress.com
7. Getting overly excited when a landlord ACTUALLY replies to your message about viewing a flat.
NBC / Via reactiongifs.me
8. Showing up to view said flat, and there are 20 other people there for the same reason.
StudioCanal / Relativity Media / Working Title Films / Via teen.com
9. And then all your hopes and dreams are crushed when this prime piece of real estate turns out to be a prime piece of shit.
Sony Pictures Television / Via wordpress.com
11. The terrifying experience of not knowing which way to look before crossing the road.
BBC / Via whateverwina.wordpress.com
12. Sitting in the front seat on the second level of a double-decker bus.
20th Century Fox / Paramount Pictures / Lightstorm Entertainment / Via blogger.com
13. Wishing you had a British accent.
Disney Channel Original Productions / Via img.photobucket.com
14. Wondering what the point of 1p and, ESPECIALLY, 2p coins is.
Universal Television / Sony Pictures Television / Via media.giphy.com
15. Uploading photos to social media that make your friends back home mad jealous.
The Weinstein Company Television / Via giphy.com
16. Getting annoyed by tourists who don’t know how to use an oyster card.
Universal Pictures / Via memecenter.com
Even though you were that person like, one short week ago.
18. Going about your day and suddenly remembering that you LIVE IN FREAKING LONDON.
Princess Pictures / Via patheticlifestory.tumblr.com
Previous Post: 10 Religious Scriptures Explained
Next Post: We’re Finally Going To See Nathan Fielder’s "Dumb Starbucks" Stunt