Community Post: 18 Reasons Hollyoaks Is The Best Soap
3. And they get on really well in real life and go on glam holidays to places like Ibiza
And look really fab in their bikinis whilst they’re at it
5. But some of the acting is actually very, very good…
This is Claire Cooper picking up best actress at the British Soap Awards 2013 for her role as Jacqui McQueen.
And the cast go on to big things
Emmett J Scanlan now stars in BBC2’s amazing “The Fall”
6. The McQueen family are the sassiest and best family in any soap… and they know it
R.I.P MYRA (even though she’s not really dead)
7. Although the new Roscoe family are edging closer to stealing the title
Oh HEY Gillian Taylforth!!
Can’t think why… OH WAIT
WASH ME WASH ME WASH ME!!!
10. At some time or another, your favourite character will likely turn gay
11. Which is 100% a good thing, as this relationship was probably the best and most romantic yet painful thing to be emotionally involved with
SO MANY EMOTIONS ALL AT ONCE!!
Even though it ended in total heartbreak
There is no hope for love.. for anyone… ever.
12. Danny Mac aka “Dodger” consistently wins sexiest male at pretty much every soap awards
Oh… my… god.
14. Tony is still there, and has been since day 1
And gave every viewer goosebumps this week when he was freed of cancer
15. It has the nicest student halls of residence in the whole of the country
16. When you giggle at your favourite characters saying “sh*g” and “sh*t” in the late night specials
17. That scene after the credits
30 seconds of pointless TV gold
18. And finally… LITTLE TOM!!!
Soap’s best ever child star.
THANK YOU HOLLYOAKS
Here’s to 18 more years!