35 Things You Miss About Britain When You’re Away On Holiday
Going away is nice, but nothing beats coming back home to blighty.
1. Proper tea.
BBC / Via famouspeopledrinkingtea.tumblr.com
2. Proper bacon!
Universal Studios / Via gifstache.com
3. Proper queueing!
Spyglass Entertainment / Via whatculture.com
4. PROPER CHOCOLATE THAT IS ACTUALLY NICE.
Cadbury / Via plus.google.com
“No, Hershey’s does NOT taste the bloody same.”
5. Being able to just pay for food at the bar.
Studio Canal / Via brightestyoungthings.com
Why must we faff around with a bill being brought to the table?
6. Paying with Chip & Pin.
BBC / rebloggy.com
So tired of swiping and signing and showing ID. SO TIRED.
7. Eating pizza with a knife and fork and having it be perfectly acceptable.
AP / Via dailyedge.ie
Sorry, New York.
8. People not talking to you.
Please stop being so POLITE.
9. People talking to you.
Channel 4 / Via Twitter: @BBCAndrewH
FINALLY people with some MANNERS.
10. Waiters who leave you alone when you eat.
AMC / vulture.com
“Thanks, Jeff. I don’t need to know your name, nor do I need you to ‘take care of me’ this evening. Please go away.”
11. …but don’t take 1000 years to bring you your bill.
BBC / Via sherlock.soup.io
12. Reliable public transport.
Warner Bros / Via angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.co.uk
Even when it’s not-so-reliable.
13. Reasonable portion sizes.
BBC / doctorwho.tumblr.com
14. Generally just knowing where you are, and where you’re going.
15. … without the help of our nation’s flag being on every single street corner, house and building.
16. The (glorious) BBC.
BBC / Via politicalscrapbook.net
17. British sausage.
18. Heinz Baked Beans.
19. Not being too hot.
Channel 4 / Via blogger.com
20. Not being too cold.
21. Drivers generally following the rules of the road.
New Line Cinema / Via o.canada.com
22. A nice, British breeze.
23. The burble of Radio 4.
24. Sunday roasts.
Studiocanal / Via forum.canardpc.com
Followed by an entire afternoon in the pub.
25. The collective sense of resigned melancholy.
26. Historic buildings that are properly old.
NBC / Via headoverfeels.com
27. Having crisps and a pint being an acceptable meal on a week day.
New York Times / Via grabzon.com
28. Recognising the names of cities during the weather report.
BBC Breakfast / Via dailyedge.ie
“I KNOW WHERE THAT IS!”
29. The reassuring grey of British sky.
Shutterstock / BuzzFeed
30. A group of strangers appreciating and respecting the silence of a public place.
BBC / Via lukewilliamsgossip.com
31. People understanding what the fuck you’re saying.
BBC / Via kaorusdoctorgifs.tumblr.com
“I said GOOD DAY, SIR.”
32. British accents of any kind.
Channel 4 / Via wifflegif.com
33. Corner shops and mini-supermarkets.
34. Never taking a day of good weather for granted.
35. PROPER TEA.
BBC / Via whatculture.com