23 Wrestling Moments That Made You Go “OMG! He’s Dead!”
1. The time Undertaker tossed Mankind off a 16-foot cage through a table.
Announcer Jim Ross: “GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! HE KILLED HIM! AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE’S BROKEN IN HALF!!!!”
This match is firmly ingrained in the minds of wrestling aficionados all over. When you think of Mick Foley (Mankind), you generally think about this epic fall. They don’t call him the “King of Hardcore” for nothing.
2. The time Shane McMahon (now a big-time CEO) fell off the Titantron.
Here’s something you should know about good ol’ Shane O’Mac: HE’S NOT A WRESTLER. He’s the son of billionaire WWE owner Vince McMahon, who had no prior wrestling training whatsoever. At first, he was a joke. However, in time, he gained the respect and appreciation of wrestling fans for his willingness to perform such dangerous stunts. Get familiar with this man, as you will see him on this list many times.
3. When he dropped the elbow on the Big Show from 30-plus-feet off the ground.
It should be noted that Shane crossed himself before taking the giant leap of faith. Yes, both Big Show and Shane survived.
4. The time Jun Kasai body splashed Ryuji Ito through a table off the second floor balcony.
In one of the goriest matches in Japanese wrestling history, this move single-handedly proved that wrestling superstars will do WHATEVER it takes to keep their audiences on the edge of their seats.
5. Edge spearing a dangling Jeff Hardy off a giant ladder at WrestleMania X-7.
This stunt is, without a doubt, one of the most memorable WrestleMania moments of all time.
6. When Shawn Michaels kicked the crap out of Shelton Benjamin.
Shawn Michaels has delivered many a “Sweet Chin Music” throughout his career. This is one of the best, that included a loud smack that echoed throughout the arena.
7. The time Bubba Ray Dudley powerbombed 77-year-old Mae Young off a stage and through a table.
8. When Undertaker chokeslammed Shane McMahon through the announcer’s table.
This just looks cool. It’s also a big bucket of insanity.
9. The time Brock Lesnar suplexed Big Show off the top rope and broke the ring.
Announcer Taz: “HOLY ––––!!!”
As a wrestling fan, you know it’s scripted. But every once in awhile, a moment will come when you ask yourself, “Wait, was that for real?” This was one of those moments.
10. The time Kurt Angle had difficulty throwing Shane McMahon through a glass partition.
In the first attempt, the glass partition failed to break, causing Shane to smash his head on concrete floor, giving him a concussion. But they repeated the move, because Shane McMahon is A FRIGGIN’ BEAST!
11. The time Edge speared Mick Foley through a goddamn table set ON FIRE.
Announcer Joey Styles: “OH MY GOD!!!”
Because… why the hell not?
12. The moment when Undertaker chokeslammed Mankind through the steel cell.
Announcer Jerry “The King” Lawler: “That’s it. He’s dead.”
Fans were still recovering from seeing Mankind fall off the cage in the same match.
13. The one time AJ Styles gracefully launched his body like a missile to break a hold.
A beautiful maneuver that looked effective but painful for all involved. This happened In TNA’s one and only “Five Star Match,” alongside Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels.
14. The time when Mr. McMahon fell off a cage and through the Spanish announce table.
Announcer Michael Cole: “HE COULD BE DEAD!”
He wasn’t but his back landed on the hardest part of the table. That’s why you can see his body bounce up after hitting the table. Just another day at the office for the 54-year-old CEO.
15. When Shelton Benjamin was tipped off a ladder, falling through another ladder.
It doesn’t matter which way you paint it, THAT SHIT LOOKS PAINFUL.
16. That one time that Vic Grimes landed on New Jack’s head after falling off a scaffold.
New Jack got legit brain damage when his head crashed against the concrete floor and was permanently blinded in his right eye.
17. But that’s OK, because in the rematch, New Jack simply threw Vic Grimes from the top of a scaffold.
Grimes dislocated his ankle and suffered multiple injuries in the fall. It should also be noted that New Jack used a taser (yes, a taser) on Grimes before throwing him off. NBD.
18. When KENTA delivered a stiff GTS to Ricky Marvin.
Oh, by the way, GTS is an acronym for Go To Sleep.
19. That one time Randy Orton RKO’d Evan Bourne in mid-air.
Truly one of the best, if not THE BEST RKO EVER.
20. The time Brock Lesnar failed to land a Shooting Star Press and gave himself a concussion.
As a fan, you knew something went wrong. He was supposed to land on Kurt Angle, but Brock was too far away and landed square on his head. Brock managed to deliver an F-5 anyway and won the match.
21. When Bobby Lashley crashed the side of the cage onto Umaga.
In one of the few memorable moments of ECW under the WWE banner.
22. When Shawn Michaels superplexed Shane McMahon off a ladder.
Again, Shane O’Mac showing he can take a severe ass-whoopin’.
23. And finally, when Undertaker got a beat down and went to heaven at the 1994 Royal Rumble (not joking).
Because at the end of the day, it’s entertainment.