17 Struggles Everyone Who Has A BFF In A Different Time Zone Will Understand
Time zones mean so little when your friend means so much.
1. You have a very, very small window for Gchatting.
When you’re getting to the office, they’re just going to lunch, so timing is everything.
2. A texting conversation that would normally take about an hour will span over a week because of the time difference.
Nickelodeon / Via turuncuerik.tumblr.com
You: OMG I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
:: 6 hours later ::
Your BFF: NO WAY, THAT’S GREAT! Tell me everything.
3. When you’re getting off work, they’re probably going to sleep.
CW / Via oblivionisnice.tumblr.com
And it makes things difficult.
4. But because of this, you’ve devised a system of communication.
Five minutes here, 10 minutes there, 20 minutes tomorrow. Let’s do this.
5. You ALWAYS check your missed calls and voicemails because they’re basically always from your BFF.
The only acceptable voicemail is one from your BFF.
6. And dating is difficult for you, because when you need a serious calming down, they’re seriously asleep.
Or in a meeting at work. Or generally just LIVING THEIR LIFE.
7. When you finally get to have a real conversation with them, you don’t pay attention to ANYTHING else.
No one better bother you.
8. You have developed a sort of sixth sense for when they call during your sleep cycle because they might need you.
And you wake RIGHT UP, because sleep can wait.
9. And you have to very, very carefully plan out a Skype date/phone calls in order to compensate for your crazy schedules.
Paramount Pictures / Via wifflegif.com
OK, Sunday at 7:35 my time, 2:35 your time.
10. You have drunk-dialed your BFF while they were still at work.
And they have drunk-dialed you at 7 a.m. your time.
11. And talking about your favorite TV shows together becomes difficult because one of you always has spoilers.
DON’T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED…but tell me what happened.
12. You often have dreams about being in the same time zone.
Walt Disney Pictures
Maybe one day…
13. And even if it’s the middle of the day for you, if your BFF is having a bad morning, you suddenly have a bad day.
CONNECTED NO MATTER WHAT.
14. You have wished them a happy birthday, or happy holidays, HOURS in advance of their actual celebration because…time difference.
But it just means twice the celebration!!
15. You have their weather/time zone programmed in your phone because you need to always know quickly.
Chris Slowik / Via dribbble.com
Aww it’s so cold there today, she’s probably bummed.
16. You know their schedule by heart.
Because it’s a little thing that makes you feel closer to them and helps you be a better friend.
17. And you know that the love between you and your BFF knows no time zones or distance.
CW / Via 90210tv.tumblr.com
Friendship doesn’t count miles, it’s measured by heart. <3
Previous Post: Sorry Everyone, But Sydney’s Skyline Actually Sucks
Next Post: 13 Of The Most WTF Canadian Childhood Cartoons