13 Things That Welsh People Are Really Sick Of Hearing
1. Oh, you’re actually more clever than I thought. I think it’s your accent, you know? It just makes everything you say sound really stupid.
images4.fanpop.com / Via BBC
3. Can you sing? I bet you can sing!
gurl.com / Via Drake and Josh /Nickelodeon
You think it’s a compliment. But it’s actually a gross generalisation which can lead to acute social embarrassment and impotence among young Welsh men.
4. I was in Wales once. I was getting the ferry from Holyhead. God, that’s an awful place isn’t it?
5. You’ve done so well to get where you are. You know, growing up in the mines and all that…
classicdisney.tumblr.com / Via Disney
6. Can you speak Welsh? Go on, say something in Welsh!
WPA Pool/Pool / Via Getty
7. Actually, what’s that really long word in Welsh? WTF? You’ve totally made that up.
Flickr: carlmorris / Via Creative Commons
9. Wales! I used to love Stereophonics when I was younger. They went a bit crap then, didn’t they?
10. I think you should give up on that whole Welsh language thing. No one speaks it anyway.
Um, that’s kinda offensive, you know…
11. You’re from Wales … what, like the sea mammal? Hahahahaha!
Well done, you almost made a pun!
12. Oh, is that near Cardiff?
Goodnight Mr Tom / Via ITV
13. But like, come on, you’re not really a real country are you?
huffingtonpost.com / Via The Room