10 Signs You Were An Elementary Education Major In College
1. Long debates on the evils of standardized testing
You’ve been warned.
2. Professors that haven’t been near any kid under the age of 18 in years
Yet you still felt like they held all the answers to your own “stupid” questions.
3. You had crafty classmates who made it look so easy
Decorating an entire classroom takes a lot more energy and coordination than you ever thought it would.
4. You turned in to a hoarder
Egg cartons, popsicle sticks, paper bags, the list goes on and on.
5. Educational videos took on a whole new meaning
Lesson planning just got a whole lot easier.
6. The perfect lesson plan was like the holy grail
But yet you kept trying to create that one awesome lesson that let your professors know you would be a great teacher!
7. Memories from childhood came flooding back to you
Some of the best and worst experiences are relived from elementary school thanks to countless reflective journal assignments.
8. Hooked on phonics worked for you
And you realize, for the most part, that’s pretty much all you really need to know about teaching kids to read.
9. WTF is Classroom Management?
You eventually figure out that the hardest part about being a teacher is getting a group of kids focused enough to learn.
10. You realize over and over again you were meant to be a teacher
Because who else would have the stamina to jump through all those hoops?
Previous Post: Community Post: 22 Major Cat Fails
Next Post: 21 Animals Who Will Definitely Not Stay Up Until Midnight